General information about the route:
Type of tourism: cognitive
Location Route: Katunki.
The nature excursions: hiking, panoramic, cognitive.
Length: 1-3 km
The starting point of routes: Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Pervomayskaya).
Endpoint routes: OOO "Katun Garment Factory" (Quay Street., 4)
The residence time on the routes: 2 - 5:00.
Disclosed on the routes of the theme: "Katun embroidery - the birth of guipure", "National art crafts of Russia as a social enterprise", "Cathedral of the Nativity of the Theotokos - Orthodox jewel on the Volga", "regular park of the 18th century and the estate of the Georgian - Turchaninova - old noble nest" "Katunki during the second world war", "Orthodox history Katunok", "Katunki modern" and others.
Driving and route description
Tourist route "Katunki" consists of one linear foot path segment and a radial automobile.
The pedestrian part of the route runs along the banks of the Gorki water basin from north to south, from street to street Pervomayskaya Quay.
The radial segment of road way north of the village on the road - 1, 2 km.
Spiritual and educational resources of the route
Educational resources for "Katunki" tourist route are as follows.
The northern part of the pedestrian line segment:
Church of the Nativity of the Virgin, appearing in "State lists the Nizhny Novgorod region of monuments of history and culture", the current temple (Pervomayskaya street.) - the object of external examinations and visits;
Monument Metropolitan Job (Pervomayskaya) - the object of external examinations;
former house of worship with ancient Orthodox relics (str. Kirov, 5) - the object of the visit;
Georgian gentry manor-Turchaninova included in the "Register of suburban estate complexes of the Nizhny Novgorod region" (st. Michurina) - the object of external examinations;
The southern part of the pedestrian line segment:
Enterprise Ltd. "Katun garment factory", included in the "Register of folk arts and crafts of Nizhny Novgorod region" (Quay Street, 4.) - the object of the visit;
Culture House - a former Baptist church, appearing in "Nizhny Novgorod Region State lists of monuments of history and culture" (Kirov, 4) - the object of the external inspection.
Radial car segment:
memorial complex in memory of the builders of the city of Gorky defensive line during WWII 1941-45gg. - The object of external examinations;
monument to those killed Katun residents during WWII 1941-45gg - the object of the external inspection.
Traffic on the route and timing
The main excursions:
visit the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary - 40 minutes;
moving at a pedestrian bridge across the bay (photo session) - 20 min;
tour in the exhibition hall at the company LLC "Katun garment factory" -30min;
participated in master - classes in the exhibition hall of the enterprise LLC "Katun garment factory" - 20 minutes;
examination, fitting, purchase and order products from natural linen with hand-embroidered in the store Katun 'Katun embroidery "-10-60 min;
inspection of the monument to Metropolitan Job - 10 minutes;
visit the former house of worship - 40 minutes;
inspection Georgian manor-Turchaninova -30 minutes;
meals in the refectory of the Temple - 30 min;
inspection of the memorial complex defensive line - 30 minutes (vehicles).
inspection of the monument to fallen Katun residents during the Second World War -10min.
a set of high-quality water from a village well -10min.
The position of the route "Katunki" on the village map
Entrances to the route:
Moscow - n Katunki - 440 - 480 km.;
N.Novgorod - n Katunki - 110 km.;
Ivanovo - n Katunki - 160 km.;
Gorodets - Chkalovsk - 57 km;
Zavolzhie - n Katunki - 47 km.;
Balakhna - n Katunki - 70 km.;
Chkalovsk - n Katunki- 16 km..
Infrastructure and services on the route:
Ambulance: n Katunki Str.. Quay, tel. 8.8316045100;
Katun territorial administration department: Chkalov st, 1, tel. 8.8316045824;
mail: Chkalova, 2, tel. 8.8316045823;
Orthodox Church of the Nativity of the Virgin store: Pervomayskaya, tel.8316045115;
municipal state-owned cultural institution "Katunki" Str. Kirov, 4, tel.8.8316045100;
shop of "Katun Garment Factory": st. Naberezhnaya, 4, tel.8.9026874748;
Overnight at the factory: Str. Naberezhnaya, 4, tel. 8.9026874748.
Tour route service:
LLC "Katun garment factory", ul. Naberezhnaya, 4, tel. 8 (83160) 45347; 8.9026874748;
Municipal state-owned cultural institution "Katunki" Str. Kirov, 4, tel.8.8316045100.
The cost of the tour and the service:
The main tour program - 2500 rubles per group.
(Including a master class on embroidery - 1500 rubles per group).
Additional excursions - 1000 rubles with the group.
Power - 150 rubles per person.
Accommodations at the factory - 500 rubles per person per night.
Souvenirs with the customer's logo on the memory - by appointment.
Objects of external examinations and visits en route
1. Visit: Enterprise "Katun garment factory", included in the "Register of folk arts and crafts of Nizhny Novgorod region" (Quay Street., 4)
Enterprise decorative - applied art (folk art) of "Katun Garment Factory" is located on the high bank of the Gorky reservoir (river Volga). On the second floor of the factory building is a showroom, which displays ancient tools for embroidery (manual sewing machine, the embroidery frame), visual materials on local history (photos of historical items and embroidery), an exhibition of handicrafts, printed material about the fishery, shop.
The factory is part of the register of enterprises of folk arts and crafts of Nizhny Novgorod region.This means that the products produced by the company, passed the examination of the Art Council of the Government of the region and are considered products, authentic historical and artistic embroidery tradition. The historical name of the promo - "vydergu on the line", the modern name of technology - "Nizhny Novgorod guipure". This hand embroidery on natural fabrics with a plain weave - flax, polulne, calico and cotton. Masters work almost exclusively with Russian natural linen, without chemical additives - a gift of nature.
The number of art products manufactured by the factory, part of a huge range of goods. A variety of linen tablecloths and napkins, curtains, covers for furniture, delicate paths and napkins for the interior, the whole possible range of home textile flax. Clothing for women, men and children, stylized painted shirts and casual business suits. Multiple accessories and souvenirs, linen bags and kokoshniki - everything that can come up with a creative soul of local embroiderers. Katun masters know how to decorate products with a thin openwork guipure, embroidery on the surface of an expressive, luxurious air cutwork and embroidery in gold thread on fabric. Many times, our products were exhibited at Russian and international exhibitions, which received high praise, both public and demanding jury.
The company has a well-established system of receiving guests to get acquainted with fishing. Meet travelers theatrical performance "Bread and Salt" by the choral ensemble, dressed in national costumes, made by the company. What follows is a story about the history of the fishing village and its inhabitants Katunki related to fishing. Later, guests are invited to take part in workshops on embroidery technique "Nizhny Novgorod guipure" in which everyone have time to make their own hands a wonderful souvenir napkin and pick it up at the memory. An obligatory element of the tour in the enterprise is a preview of textiles exhibition in the exhibition hall vyshivnyh products - a unique archive created Katun craftswomen. You can take pictures in a linen national dress on a background of unique lace products. During the tour, guests visit the company shop, where you can see how to create exclusive products. Everyone is welcome to visit the shop of garments, where it is possible to purchase table linen (tablecloths, napkins, runners), linen, hand-embroidered, numerous and various souvenirs (bags, hats, bags, vests, and others nabutylnye.). Each guest did not leave without a gift from the company about a specific topic (pocket calendars; bakery product "bun" or "bagel" in a linen pouch, small - holders; nabutylnye vests with the logo, etc..).
The company of "Katun garment factory" strives to be modern and keep up with the times: operates its own website (www.katunki.ru), where you can buy the product in the online store or make an order for his tailoring; Factory is widely represented in social networks, using different resources of the Internet to promote their product; services are making products from flax. The company also actively participates in professional exhibitions in Nizhny Novgorod, Moscow and in Europe. You are welcome to visit Katun craftswomen! You will not regret!
2. Visit: Nativity of the Virgin, appearing in the "State List of Monuments of History and Culture of Nizhny Novgorod region" (Pervomayskaya street.).
Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary - the most significant and monumental work in the temple ensemble Katunki village, which has no analogues among the simultaneous him the Nizhny Novgorod region monuments.
Standing on the edge of the Gorky reservoir flood zone temple was built in 1804. His painted, based on the composition of the evangelical and biblical scenes. In Soviet times, when the church was adapted for mechanical plant, all the frescoes were painted with whitewash. During the war the plant was producing parts for tanks and planes, and later - shuttles for sewing machines (was here Podolsky branch "Shveymash" plant). In 1972, the factory built a new building and 30 years the temple was in ruins. There were no windows, no doors, no sex, no altar, no domes. This has led to what has become a whitewash to fall off, and began to show frescoes.
Concerned residents Katunok headed A.P.Lyamaevym gave their savings on the restoration of the church and the strengthening of the coastal territory of the church, which is strongly tempted to Gorky water "seas". Citizens initiative supported by the head of the Office of the Russian Ministry of Taxes and Levies of the Nizhny Novgorod region, Nikolai Fedorovich Polyakov, who worked at one time for one of the machines at the factory in Katunki and dreamed about the revival of the church. Together Cultural Heritage site was saved, and the territory ennobled completely.
Currently, the existing temple. Has thrones: the main - Nativity of the Blessed Virgin, altar in honor of the Apostle and Evangelist Matthew, the throne - St. Nicholas. Archbishop of Myra in Lycia, the miracle worker, the throne -Blgvv. princes of Murom Peter and Fevronii.V kiots ancient icons, relics of St. Nicholas, the Holy Prince Peter and Fevronia, Murom miracle workers, the great holy Forerunner and Baptist John the Saviour, the great martyr and healer Panteylemona, Sergius of Radonezh and Seraphim of Sarov, St. Herman arheipiskogo Kazan and many others. Daily services are held, wedding sacrament, baptism, funeral, etc. For children running children's Sunday School - an island of good and understanding.
During the restoration of the temple, when digging pits to check the safety of the basement, the human remains were found. The bones were found scattered about in a chaotic burial without coffins. Archaeological research has shown that at this point in the XVI century there was a cemetery. From the found remains of two made the reconstruction of the skull in the Moscow Laboratory of Anthropology under the guidance of renowned anthropologist Balueva TS, which are on display in the Cathedral of tourists.
In 2003-2004 it was carried out time-consuming and expensive work to strengthen the bank. Now the temple is surrounded by landscaped promenade, with a wonderful view on the Volga River and the majestic cathedral rising above it. Near the temple was built in 2007 a new bell tower and it was raised by the cathedral bell weighing 3.8 tons.
Constructed transitional bridge from one side separating Katunki Bay on the other. In this picturesque bridge can take a picture.
3.Obekt external examination: the memorial complex in memory of the builders of the defensive line during WWII 1941-45gg. (Turn on Sivtseva village).
Reinforced concrete pillbox hat lay in the land of nearly seventy years. And now, along with a memorial stone stands on the side of the road of the village Katunki - the most extreme point on the north-west of the region. Once this is where the city began Gorky line of defense.
According to the plan of the German command, codenamed "Operation Barbarossa", after the capture of Moscow, the troops have to capture the city of Gorky. At that time - a major industrial hub of the country and the defense. In October, forty-one enemy was already on the outskirts of the capital, and it was impossible to hesitate for a minute. Therefore, the Soviet command decides to urgently build fortifications. On digging many kilometers of trenches, dugouts, trenches are a matter of days. People and forces do not regret, the main thing - to stop the enemy. At work send anyone who could hold a shovel in his hands, even high school students. By the new year, just two and a half months after the start of work, the defensive line was ready, the line stretches for more than a thousand kilometers. Gorky was safely covered from all sides.
Nikolai Polyakov, initiator of the memorial complex, the head of the Federal Tax Service for the Nizhny Novgorod region: "In two and a half months, twelve million cubic meters of earth was dug, it is nearly sixty percent of the work during the construction of the White Sea-Baltic Canal. It builds thousands of pillboxes hands of women and children. This heroic act during the Great Patriotic War. "
Memorial stone forever perpetuate the heroic labor of 350 thousand gorkovchan - builders of the defensive line.
4.Obekt external inspection: a monument to Metropolitan Job (Pervomayskaya street.)
We have the greatest Katuntsev countryman - Metropolitan of Novgorod Job. Job was born in the village of Katunki, Balakhna district, the Nizhny Novgorod region. Of the remaining details of Job we know that he entered the monkhood at the Trinity-Sergius Monastery (from 1744 Trinity-Sergius Lavra) in the city of Zagorsk. Since 1690, he - Archimandrite Vysokopetrovsky Monastery in Moscow. April 28, 1694 was transferred to the rector of Trinity-Sergius Monastery. June 6, 1697 Patriarch Adrian was consecrated Bishop of Novgorod and elevated to the rank of Metropolitan.
Job belonged to the prominent Russian hierarchs. Following the example of Kiev, Moscow and Chernigov, Metropolitan Job, established in Novgorod at a school for training of all ranks of people, as well as for the education of worthy priests. A lot of the time required by the Metropolitan church construction and management of the newly-annexed areas of Sweden, attached to his diocese - Vyborg, Yamburg, and Koporye Shlisselburg. Job with respect and reverence belonged to Peter, in 1704 he arrived in St. Petersburg and consecrates the first church in St. Petersburg, in a fortress, in the name of Peter and Paul. Metropolitan Assembly Job messages are in three large volumes. At the time, Metropolitan Job donated to the Church of St. John the Baptist three icons if taken from St.Now they are in the former house of worship.
Job died February 3, 1716 and was buried in Novgorod Saint Sophia Cathedral.
5. Visit: former house of worship (Kirov Street, 8.)
After the formation of the Gorky reservoir when Katunki there is not one of the current temple in the lower part of the village in the adapted stone house was equipped with the church, which is in memory of a former church was consecrated in honor of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Service here was conducted more than fifty years.
These were transferred to all that is left of the church plate and vestments from all five of the flooded village temples. All religious relics are kept here with due care and respect in special stained glass. There are ancient icons, one of them an icon of St. John the Baptist, dating from the 19th century, the ancient sacred vestments of the ministers of the 18th century and other relics. In honor of John the Baptist, an annual service on 27 September.
There are plans to create a museum of Orthodox culture.
6. visual inspection Object: Georgian manor-Turchaninova (Michurin st.)
Active settlement of the area, known as "Belogorodov", due to the flowering of the Nizhny Novgorod-Suzdal principality in 1341 - 1392gg.From the middle of the XVI century Belogorodov was written by Ivan the Terrible in oprichnina as a strategically and economically important territory and up to the end of the XVII century, was part of the royal domain. In 1700, together with other Belogorodov Nizhny Novgorod lands were granted in fiefdom to reside in Russia, the king of Georgia Archil Vahtangovich and his descendants - "Georgian princes." So, from the XVIII century, one of the Nizhny Novgorod estates and entered Georgian village Katunki. Here, at the turn of XVIII - XIX centuries, they have laid a wonderful park with three-row lime avenue, passing into ordinary planting pines and birches. Leon Georgian built in Katunki linen factory and tannery, and in 1794 opened in the neighboring village Beloglazihe distillery, who worked at the local grain and forest. In 1816, their daughter married Turchaninova - a descendant of the famous family of mine owners, a wealthy nobleman, who had more than two thousand serfs in the Nizhny Novgorod region. Later he settled here their last son Alex (1821 - 1874), who became famous as a philanthropist and public figure of the Nizhny Novgorod province. Village Katunki was "noble nest" Turchaninova large family for years to come.
The main treasure of Georgian Manor - Turchaninova - park, founded in 1765 - 1768 years and emphasized the amazing features of the natural landscape: sand hills, slopes and deep ravines close to the Volga. In order to see the park in Turchaninovsky Katunki in 1893 came Maxim Gorky and F.M.Shalyapin. There is a legend that in the park Chaliapin sang "Hey, Uhnem" and the thunderous applause of local residents back to the ship on which he and Gorky sailed to Katunki where some time later came the song "Down by Mother Volga". On weekends and holidays the park can visit anyone, regardless of their origin. It adjoined the park garden with greenhouses, vegetable garden and flower garden. Preserved lime avenue, which hosts the manor rode on special recreational riding, as well as memories of the old-timers of the cave, dug in the park and laid out plates of limestone and marble, where Turchaninova rested on a stone bench in the heat and waited out the storm. This grotto is long gone, but it is surprising that up to now reached the park itself. In 1986, the park was taken under protection by the state.
On the territory of the former Georgian manor - Turchaninova - for several decades worked recreation for employees of Automobile Plant (GAZ). The main Georgian manor house - Turchaninova was given a rest. Currently, this object is no longer functioning. However, local discos held in the famous park, renowned far beyond Katunok.
7. visual inspection Object: Culture House - a former Baptist church, appearing in "Nizhny Novgorod Region State lists of monuments of history and culture" (Kirov Street, 4).
In the old Katunki had five churches: Smolensk, Holy Cross, St. Sergius of Radonezh (cemetery), John the Baptist and the Virgin. To have survived the last two, the rest - at the bottom of the reservoir. In all five temples were service until 1937, when he was ordered to destroy all the churches.
The oldest of the surviving temples - warm St. John the Baptist - built in 1790 in the Georgian agent. According to the recollections of old residents of the village, there was a crypt with a chapel, where a candle was burning and there were two wreaths with metal leaves and flowers made of ceramic. The crypt was enclosed with iron grid with large cells. Parishioners were proud of the local bell that rang round 40 villages. But in the 30 years the church has been converted into the House of Culture named after Valery Chkalov, a native of neighboring Vasilyov Sloboda. November 27, 1938 at the opening of the club in Katunki himself came to the legendary pilot, uttering be memorable phrase: "Cherish and take care of the club - this is your sanctuary!".
Now here are the winter holidays and festivals.
8. visual inspection Object: an obelisk dedicated to the memory of those killed in the Great Patriotic War (Chkalov Street, between houses №2 and №5.);
On the main street of the village is a small square where there is an obelisk countrymen - the victims of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45.
Every year on May 9 there are meetings, devoted to the Victory Day.
Eternal memory to the heroes!